Friday 29 April 2011

Sealed with a kiss

I have spent all morning waiting to see Wills and Kate kiss. What happened to, “you may now kiss the bride”? Something about decorum, I guess. Oh well. At least there were two quick snogs dignified kisses on the balcony after the ceremony. It was a great moment, watching the future King and Queen in a lip-lock, for the entire world to bask in their Royal glory. Just lovely.


It’s not just the Royal family that are keen on some kissing decorum at weddings. Indian weddings are much the same. Lip-on-lip-action is definitely a no-go. When me and my Prince get married in August – and the registrar, I’m sure, will say “you may now kiss the bride” – there will inevitably be an awkward brush of the lips, as an acknowledgement of our new marital status. Not so much sealed with a kiss – more like sealed with an embarrassing peck on the cheek, with an “accidental” touch of the lips. Wills and Kate may have sealed their Royal Wedding with a Royal Kiss, but we will be sealing our Indian Wedding with some good old-fashioned Indian Kissing (i.e. no kissing at all/kissing behind an umbrella – honestly, that’s what they do in Bollywood movies, the true guides to Indian daily life).

I don’t feel hard done by, though, so don’t worry. I have been saying since I was a child that kissing on the lips is beyond gross. Thank god I won’t be doing any of that. 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! I so loved watching the wedding but gave up on it long before the kiss happened. xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment, you know you want to! And I'd love to hear from you...