Monday 24 January 2011

The One

The "bride gene": does every girl have it? Does every girl want it? I'm not so sure.  Or at least, I wasn't sure until... until I met The One. The perfect One. The One that completed me. The One that made everything worthwhile. The One that instantly filled me with an overwhelming sense of excitement and joy.


Wait. Before you write me off as a soppy cow, give me a chance to explain. The One that I am referring to is ivory and satin (and no, that isn't a euphemism for caucasian and soft-skinned). That's right guys, I'm talking about The DressI won't go in to too much detail - for fear of the Groom-to-be discovering the other love in my life (though I will post pictures of it after the wedding) - but I can tell you that it is beyond perfection. 


Check out the fabulous range at Dona Nicole to see where I found The One. From what I am told, this is the largest bridal wear shop in the midlands; and from my own experience, I can tell you that it is wedding dress heaven. I tried on eight beautiful dresses - though it was the sixth that changed my life - and was able to pick up a designer wedding dress at an excellent price. 


The experience of standing on a platform in a big white wedding dress and looking in three mirrors (one in front, one behind and one at the side) made me feel like a real princess. Or a child playing dress-up. 

1 comment:

Go on, leave me a comment, you know you want to! And I'd love to hear from you...