Friday 4 February 2011

A not-so-fussy bride-to-be

Despite what I said in one of my previous posts on the danger of becoming a Bridezilla, I have to admit, I am actually quite a relaxed bride. The (first) wedding is in exactly six months, and yet, I don't feel particularly pressured or in a constant state of panic, nor am I too uptight to relinquish control to my parents (official wedding planners). Here are some of the un-fussy things that I am - if I do say so myself - quite proud of...

  • Wedding invitations - why should I care what they look like? I'm not going to be getting one. In fact, if it was up to me, I would email everyone the details (saves money and time); for those who are technologically retarded not so comfortable with computers and can't cope with e-invites, well, you can imagine how I feel about them. 
  • Beauty stuff - facials, face masks, manicures/pedicures, fake nails/eyelashes/etc... and anything else that brides like to do in the lead-up to the big day. No thank you. I cannot think of anything worse. My hands might not be super steady when I paint my nails - in fact, sometimes I shake like an electrocuted animal - but still, I think I'll manage. 
  • Guests - despite what I said in a previous post about struggling to agree on numbers, I have given in. So long as my nearest and dearest (you know who you are) are with me to celebrate, it's okay if my mum and dad are just dying to invite some randoms. And - silver lining and all - it does mean more presents (unless I get a toaster - what a rubbish present).

There are, however, a couple of things that I am still slightly less relaxed about... 

  • Cake - no, not the kind you eat. I mean the cake that is your face once a "professional make-up artist" has finished with you. I do not want my face to look a different colour to the rest of my body, nor do I want a whole load of junk on my face claiming to make me look "natural" (surely that comes naturally?)
  • Cake - yes, this time, I mean the kind that you eat. In particular, I want the little couple on top of the cake to be a true reflection of me and the Groom-to-be. That's right: I want a little brown lady and a little white man. They must make mixed-race wedding-cake-couples, right?!

Perhaps it's because I will very soon be lying on a beach, in the sun, sipping on a cocktail (virgin, of course) that I am so relaxed. 

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but let's see what complacency can do to a bride-to-be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave me a comment, you know you want to! And I'd love to hear from you...